Monday, August 15, 2016

IT WAS AWESOME!

Yesterday was the first day an opportunity presented itself for me to see an actual Olympic event. This will seem like a long an convoluted story so just hang in there.


My niece (on Hillary's side of the family) is in a long and serious relationship with a tennis coach named Adam. Brenna and Adam have been together for a very long time.

It just so happens that the person Adam coaches, and has coached for a very long time, is Bethanie Mattek-Sands. For those of you who do not follow the Olympics or Tennis, Bethanie competed in mixed doubles (her partner was Jack Sock) and they competed against Venus Williams and Rajeev Ram for the Olympic Gold Medal. Venus was the odds on favorite to win that competiton.

I had the privilege and was lucky enough to be able to get a ticket to this event and I was also lucky enough to see Bethanie and Jack beat the favorites and win the Gold Medal. I truly can not tell you how special that moment was! I felt like I was kind of representing our family in supporting Bethanie and Jack.

While I did not get to actually speak with Bethanie's husband Justin, I was able to text with him a couple of times and that was special too!



It is hard to explain just how special of a moment
that was and I truly do appreciate that opportunity. It made my Olympic experience in Rio complete.  I do not have to see or do another thing until I go home. That is how special the day turned out.

2 comments:

  1. Very cool, Jeff. Glad you had that Olympic moment! Enjoy and stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ciret is eric t as in Wentorf backwards :)

    ReplyDelete