Wednesday, August 3, 2016

Today Is All About Hubris

Today the word of the day is hubris. Some of you may have heard me use this term before and it's usually not in a good way. Officially, yesterday was my first complete week in Rio and I was feeling so confident! I've mastered the walk from the hotel to the program hotels, I've mastered the Brazilian phone system, what the heck, I even thought I'd mastered the food.

Nope! After a meal in my hotel last night Montezuma found me in the hotel room about 1:30 in the morning and to say it was ugly is a definite understatement. I did make it to work on time and ... it was very, very close. Luckily one of my teammates came packed to the gills with medicine. The Imodium helped.

We're just about ready for guests to arrive and while there was a lot of work to start we seem to have hit a pace and significant work is getting done. I got a chance to go to the top of one of our hotels tonight.




No comments:

Post a Comment