Saturday, August 13, 2016

Privileged!

In the world of "development" and the Olympics, yesterday was a big day. Let me try to explain. The development/hospitality team is big. We have 23 people running four separate programs across the entire Rio area. To accommodate that number of team members (not to mention the rest of the USOC contingent and all of the other National Operating Committees (NOCS)) eight of our staff had to be housed in a kind of questionable hotel.

Please do not get me wrong, it was clean, however, it was small and the location was questionable at the very least. What is it I'm trying to say? It's all about location, location, location!

We were all lucky enough to move to new hotels yesterday morning. It is a relief. I should caveat this by mentioning we could have made it at our other lodging facility with no problem however, this opportunity presented itself.

I mentioned privileged in the blog title because I constantly remind myself about some of the other staff in Rio who literally live in "gang" barracks, and share bathrooms. I am very lucky to be in this position.

For those of you following the blog, I was happy to learn yesterday that Gail and I will (should) be able to attend the Closing Ceremony. I also still hope to get out the Olympic Park at least once.

USA House is very busy. Here is a picture of the front. Please note the subdued colors etc. My guess; the color scheme is a compromise with our security team.

No comments:

Post a Comment